Stocking my 75 SA tank

Sostratos

Feeder Fish
Jul 8, 2014
Tennessee
I've got a 75g tank that I originally set up to hold two yellow acaras and one rotkeil severum. The acaras were around 3" and 4" when they went in, while the severum was around 4" as well. Unfortunately, the larger of the acaras proved to be a serious bully and harassed my severum to death while I was bringing an old 55g back into service to house him. The big acara currently chases the smaller one every time they see each other, so I'll be moving the little one to the 55, which is now ready. This leaves me with a 75g aquarium holding 9 bleeding heart tetras and a solitary aequidens metae. I was wondering if there is a robust cichlid I can put in that 75 that would play nice with my bleeding hearts, while still being able to stand up to a fairly boisterous young acara.

As far as the tank environment itself, it is filtered by a pair of eheim 2213s with two large, air-drivel sponge filters in the corners. It is decorated with a large piece of driftwood with lots of caves, sand substrate, some rounded river rocks, and some large amazon sword plants.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I would appreciate any advice that can be offered.

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
You could try a fish slightly bigger than him, blue acara, chocolate, brasiliensis might work...but the school might be in danger.maybe you could move the trouble fish&the school to the 55

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Sostratos

Feeder Fish
Jul 8, 2014
Tennessee
I'd really like to try another severum rotkeil, I'd just have to find one that's already bigger than the bully. I've also thought about geophagus brasiliensis, which I think I can get at a good size from Jeff Rapps. I am hoping somewhat that having a larger fish in the tank will work to curb the bully's aggression towards the other acara. Is that even a possibility?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store