90 gl with 60 gal sump over stock!?

marscortes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2006
Fiji
hey guys,

I have a 48x18x24 high tank with a 46x18x24 high sump. The sump has has a 2 tray overflow system going into a drip tray x2 with about 150$ worth of bio balls to each section to add to the bio balls it has about 40 pot scrubbies on the other section of the sump ( x3 sections ). It packs an Iwakai 40rlt with a 3/4 " 14" spray bar and another 3/4" return. Right now i have 2 RTC at 9" and 2 10" p.bass. All feeding really well off of tilapia and pellets and seem to be thriving for now. I do 40% wc every week. My question is, would This be ok for a while? Say 12 months until i get the pond set up? Thanks in advance ill get pics up in min. :WHOA:

I know this tank size wont even hold 1 RTC, but just for a grow out for at least 12 months. Input appreciated.

marscortes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2006
Fiji
heres a pic of the set up sorry it kinda sucks took it on the ipad. photo (1).JPGphoto.JPG

p.bass in another holding tank right now.

photo (1).JPG

photo.JPG

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
I don't think you're going to make it anywhere near 12months with that fast growing stock in a 4ft tank...what are your nitrates before a WC? You have a good water volume for right now, but with that stock and the food you feed, I would up my WCs to at least 2x 50% weekly. I like to keep my nitrates below 10.

marscortes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2006
Fiji
Thanks for the replies. Thanks for the avatar it's my father's. Nitrates are close to about 10-15. When you say "what I'm feeding" is it a bad thing? Should I switch to something else? Or is it just impossible to do this?

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
No didn't mean "what you,re feeding" in a negative - thats a good diet, but anytime you feed raw fish/shrimp water quality can go south in a hurry. Just keep your eye on nitrates and of course don't let any uneaten tilapia sit in the tank for long - not that that will be a problem with two RTCs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store