Fancy Goldfish and natives?

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
Anyone want to throw out ideas of native fish that could live nicely with fancy goldfish? I have a single calico fantail (very active, and an aggressive feeder, not really disabled like some fancys) and I was trying to think through suitable tankmates, but as some of you may know if you ever have kept Goldfish, the selection of compatible species available from stores is very small. Basically just other goldfish, maybe Weather loaches, Varitus Platys or Rosy Red feeders (which are native!).

What got me thinking about this is that to clear out some tank space I temporarily move the GF to a tank filled with Palteus Corys, a couple danios, and few native minnows & dace that had gotten picked on in my native tank and needed to heal up. He has been doing great in there, though this particular tank is only a temporary holding tank.

So... ideas? I think any less aggressive minnows are dace should work. Anything else?

Cod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
Michigan
tophead minnows are nice if you get get a hold of them, i catch mine from a lake nearby

Sallimsayin

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2012
USA
Good question. I have a Black Moor, and I want to add some fish to his tank. I've been looking at Harlequin's, White Cloud Mountain Minnows, and the like but need more ideas.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store