Have you ever done this??

Have you ever set up a new tank, got some new fish, then a day later, or even instantly, you think, man, I don't like this fish or this set up at all, and torn it all down?

I've done this in the past.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
not with tanks but i have bought fish for the sake of it the regretted it on the way home multiple times, thats about when i decided the whole trawling lfs for new fish side of the hobbie had to stop... im a bit more responsible now and think over what im doing rather than buy buy buy!-)

not with tanks but i have bought fish for the sake of it the regretted it on the way home multiple times, thats about when i decided the whole trawling lfs for new fish side of the hobbie had to stop... im a bit more responsible now and think over what im doing rather than buy buy buy!-)
Indeed! :) I've done that.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Sort of. I got a Fahaka puffer and it took me about 3 weeks to realize what a boring fish it was. I even read and watched videos about the fish for years before I was able to get one.

Sort of. I got a Fahaka puffer and it took me about 3 weeks to realize what a boring fish it was. I even read and watched videos about the fish for years before I was able to get one.
Interesting. A dog faced puffer has always been on my wish list. I'm guessing the Fahaka is shy?

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Interesting. A dog faced puffer has always been on my wish list. I'm guessing the Fahaka is shy?
Dog faced puffer is much different more interactive. A fahaka puffer just lays at the bottom until feeding time then goes back to laying on the bottom. Maybe others have had different experiences but that was mine. I think that is why all the videos I saw were feeding videos.

I have had great experiences with green spotted puffer, figure 8 puffer, dwarf puffer, and dog face puffer.

Dog faced puffer is much different more interactive. A fahaka puffer just lays at the bottom until feeding time then goes back to laying on the bottom. Maybe others have had different experiences but that was mine. I think that is why all the videos I saw were feeding videos.

I have had great experiences with green spotted puffer, figure 8 puffer, dwarf puffer, and dog face puffer.
It's a fish i've always wanted. but the whole salt thing...

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Ended up giving a 56 column tank setup I bought for angels away. Turns out I dont care for angels and didnt know what else to put in there.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Setup a 240, didn't like it. Tore it down and sold it. Got another one that I like. Now I'm happy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store