From hobby to decor :-(

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I have gotten to the point where fish keeping no longer feels like a hobby to me. I have lost so many fish and I am scared to buy any new fish. I see my aquariums as just a nice piece of decor now. Im not sure what I can do to bring the spark back. I cured the problem that was causing me to lose fish but I don't want to spend anymore money on fish for them to possibly die. Im not sure how much more interest I will lose but I wanna bring the love back. Any suggestions???

1 Vieja Syn, 1 Flowerhorn, 2 Angelfish, 6 female Bettas, 2 Cories, 5Blue Rams, 1 gold Gourami

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
If that is your stock list you have at the bottom you will loose more fish those fish are not compatible with each other. Given you have the right size tank your stock should be fine if you remove the flowerhorn. The Vieja might possibly have to go to.

One of the parts of the hobbies I love is research. Pick one of those fish that you really like and start doing lots of reading on the fish. I find the more I learn about a fish the more excited and hooked (excuses the pun) I get.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
That stock is divided amongst 3 tanks

1 Vieja Syn, 1 Flowerhorn, 2 Angelfish, 6 female Bettas, 2 Cories, 5Blue Rams, 1 gold Gourami

Specialize in a particular type of fish, or focus on a particular type of tank.

For example, keep only a planted tank, or only a reef tank, or only tanks with different types of midas cichlids, i.e. natural striped and an orange. You get my point.

JonY3k

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ohio Wooster
You said that you figured out what was killing your fish. What was it? You only have 3 tanks that is not bad. How about just keep what you have for now. it is easier to keep a big tank with few fish than a small tank with lots of fish. Just let the tanks sit for a while and some day when you are walking trough your LFS you will see a fish that you have to have again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store