Best shoes for work/school?

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
I'm looking to buy a new pair of shoes, not really my field of expertise..

I'm looking for something to wear at work and at school.

At work I'm walking and standing around a lot.

I'm not a runner nor do I intend to use them for running.

If it's waterproof (against rain, not huge puddles) that's a huge plus, in my city it rains a lot!!

What I'm looking for is something very comfortable.
And I don't trust sales persons so I thought asking here first.

Hopefully you can tell me what you have that works great, and what kind of shoe inserts are worth looking into.

I'm trying to do this right and be comfy for once, I've always bought the cheapest shoes that fits.
because I thought one shoe is as good as another, but I'm willing to invest in myself now as I really need to be on top of my game.

I'm trying hard this year to work as much as possible and study at the same time to get into biology and I want to reduce my tiredness after long days wherever I can. So I'm starting at the bottom.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I'm a big fan of Sketchers. Try Googling their causual line of shoes to see what you think.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
Price and design wise looks good.
And I love shoes with lack of laces.

But I don't know if they are comfy, how long and what do you use them for?

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I'm a big fan of Sketchers. Try Googling their causual line of shoes to see what you think.
I wish Sketchers worked for me, affordable and huge selection. Unfortunately I got a couple paddles for feet and they aren't comfortable. My suggestion is trying on as many as
you can, and keeping the weight of the shoes in mind.

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
If your type of work requires slip resistance, waterproof, or steel toe I got some brahma kytans last week for work that aren't bad for 45 bucks their more of a high top style shoe and leather their comfy but their no 150 dollar work boot comfy

Sent from my SM-T210R using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
If your type of work requires slip resistance, waterproof, or steel toe I got some brahma kytans last week for work that aren't bad for 45 bucks their more of a high top style shoe and leather their comfy but their no 150 dollar work boot comfy

Sent from my SM-T210R using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I work at a pet store, I might get wet during water changes, but not really a concern, more concerned about the rain outside.

What I'm looking for is something that won't make my feet tired after walking and standing around for 10+ hours

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Skechers shape ups - lightweight, comfortable, stylish, durable
No lie, I probably walked over 1,000 miles over time with mine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store