Why is my Wallago Micropogon not eating?

tbold

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2014
United States
Been in the tank for almost 3 weeks now, haven't seen him eat a thing despite numerous food types fed at different intervals in the day and night. Here is the situation:

180 gallon aggressive tank
Water temp at 82 degrees
Last water test showed average nitrates, very low ammonia
Feeding times: 2x daily - once at mid-day, second time just before bed around 11 pm
Food types offered unsuccessfully so far:

1. Market tilapia
2. Frozen krill
3. Frozen beefheart
4. Frozen bloodworms
5. Mealworms
6. Live nightcrawlers
7. Live minnows and even small goldfish
8. Freezedried (floating) krill
9. Massivore sinking pellets

Any help is greatly appreciated, wondering how long he'll hold out. Help me please!

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Man I'm not sure what the problem is.... He ate totally fine before we swapped fish. He should not die of starvation because he had lots of tilapia a day or two before we traded. I am having the same issue with the NTT and I am not sure what the issue is. he will eat soon he should. Are you sure there are no other fish picking on him? He was pretty docile but hated being picked on by my jardini and wouldn't eat when he was picked on. He should come around I mean he is completely healthy and all. So is the NTT he just won't eat as well even if the food is right in his mouth. Looks like our fish hated the trade.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

BichirAddict

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 13, 2007
Virginia
Probably just on a hungry strike. My polypterus Congicus hasn't ate anything since I got him back in January hoping for any day now thou.

tbold

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2014
United States
Man I'm not sure what the problem is.... He ate totally fine before we swapped fish. He should not die of starvation because he had lots of tilapia a day or two before we traded. I am having the same issue with the NTT and I am not sure what the issue is. he will eat soon he should. Are you sure there are no other fish picking on him? He was pretty docile but hated being picked on by my jardini and wouldn't eat when he was picked on. He should come around I mean he is completely healthy and all. So is the NTT he just won't eat as well even if the food is right in his mouth. Looks like our fish hated the trade.

Yeah he's still hiding, although no one is picking on him. Also read Wallagos accept most foods and can be aggressive...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store