Capping eco complete

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
Tomorrow I'll be puttin eco complete in my tank. My question is should I be capping it with so,etching besides black sand? I don't want to to be to sharp for any fish.

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
What kind of fish do you have?

I don't see a reason to cap the Eco. The one I have doesnt have any sharp edges that would/could be harmful. In my 110g planted SA cichlid tank I have black sand and eco complete as a substrate. Eventually the sand will sink below the Eco complete. There's a group of geos in this tank that sift constantly. Hope this helps.

uploadfromtaptalk1405120646764.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
I have actually already decided to not cap it with anything haha I already put the black sand in my growing tank. I only got 8 bags for my 125 though :/

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
Will do I am changing the substrate out tomorrow :) mAYBE Lol my jewels have always had terrible timing.....they spawned today

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
image.jpgPlease forget the cloudiness of the water I changed to my eco complete about an hour and a half ago. Decided to add the fish back sooner then I wanted because I lost my female angel :( no I have officially lost my pair :(

i will ill take another picture when it clears up! I'll probably pic up more plants tomorrow and my LFS owes my a few free ones so I'll get those Tuesday ;)

image.jpg

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
Yeah I didn't wash it. And the tank is clear this morning but I still plan on doing a water change, about 25% just because.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store