pearl mature sizes?

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
About how old/large are pearls when they are mature?

Also with hybrids if there is black ray in the mix do they take longer on average to mature then say brown rays since they grow larger?

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
Female

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
19-20" disc

That's my largest girl, all my others are a fair bit smaller and seem to have stopped growing.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I think you may always get one female that grows larger than another so always look at the max size

It's impossible to even take a shot at what any hybrids max size will be as we just don't know

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
I guess I was referencing mature/breeding size as opposed to max size.

Sorry for the mix up but at the same time it is a good reference point as there seems to be a general lack of info on pearls.

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
I guess I was referencing mature/breeding size as opposed to max size.

Sorry for the mix up but at the same time it is a good reference point as there seems to be a general lack of info on pearls.
I have had females give birth to healthy pups at 14" disc if that helps.

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
I have had females give birth to healthy pups at 14" disc if that helps.
It does actually thanks. I plan on having g pearls in the mix along with my hybrid of pearls. I love the way they mix with black rays.

Gives me an idea on possible size for .y female bdxpearl also. She is old enough but only about 14" disc or so. My male bred her in April but I am not seeing a change to speak of with her in terms of backside growth. She looked prego when I got her but I think she absorbed the litter from the stress of the move.

I really want to successfully breed them an get moving forward with this project. I am gonna be redoing my filtration(again) to male it more efficient. Seems I can never be 100% satisfied with it to this point. Hoping that will work. Gonna make some other switches and monitor tds/conductivity to see if that helps things. Along with a much larger tank for them to be in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store