Found this in the tank this morning.....

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
.........could this be sperm??
Can't think what else it could be. It was in a few pieces on the sand, felt just like the white of a hens egg that has been poached. No dead fish in the tank so i can't think what else it could be. Not the best photo, took it out and put it on the cover glass to take a pic with my phone quickly beofre coming to work.
Photo0149.jpg

Photo0149.jpg

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
It could be...

Watch your females, alot of times you can see the sperm plug hanging out of the female, the female may be acting a little weird swimming up the glass alot

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Thanks Trev

I will take a look when i get home from work. All rays were not overly bothered about eating this morning so i am going to make sure all is okay as soon as i get in.
It could be...

Watch your females, alot of times you can see the sperm plug hanging out of the female, the female may be acting a little weird swimming up the glass alot

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Left over food that was somewhere to more or less just rot and not get eaten?

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
No deffo not that. If it was it could only be prawn as it was white in colour (i only feed raw) but this did not have the consistency of prawn. I have no places in the tank that food could accumulate and rot.This had a very slimy consistency but did not fall apart when i removed it from the water with tongs.
Left over food that was somewhere to more or less just rot and not get eaten?

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Hopefully in 1.5 months you will see some hump growth

No deffo not that. If it was it could only be prawn as it was white in colour (i only feed raw) but this did not have the consistency of prawn. I have no places in the tank that food could accumulate and rot.This had a very slimy consistency but did not fall apart when i removed it from the water with tongs.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Lets hope so. Deffinitely never seen anything like this in the tank before. I just hoping i'm not getting my hopes up for no reason!
Hopefully in 1.5 months you will see some hump growth

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
It looks like it is, but it's hard to tell from the pic, looks like the, uh, amount is pretty generous.

And as trev said you could check the female, but it's probably too late now.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Some sort of regurgitation?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store