Dont know why my fish are dying

bolob123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2013
reykjavík
Hello I have a 1000l tank with 150l sump, fx6 and xp3 with 7 clown loaches,motoro stingray, 2 bala shark , black ghost and more. All the fish in the tank have been there for over a year. i do 50% water change every week and only clean a part of the media every month. My fish are dying one by one without any sign first my black ghost nest day the motoro and today when I woke up my 4 biggest loaches where dead. i am really worried about the other fish. The only symptoms I can see are a little cloudy eyes on my small oscar and the smallest clown loach is swimming like crazy at the top of the water.
Does anybody know what this is?

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Do you have a water test kit (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)? This is where to start. Pics of your fish and tank would help too.

bolob123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2013
reykjavík

This one is still allive but he just gasping at bottom upside down

Will test the water when i come home I dont have amonia test only nitrite and nitrate
i have notice that the sand is sticking more to the skin of the fish then usually.
Idid 50% water change yesterday, should i change more or put salt?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
First thing you need to do is pick up an ammonia test kit and Seachem Prime on the way home if possible. When you get home tonight test the water with all 3 tests. Prime can neutralize a bit of the ammonia, nitrite, & nitrate if this is the issue.

Second thing is a 30% water change tonight, and depending on your test results, you may need to do a 30% w/c everyday for the next week or 2. Your tank may have "biologically" crashed or insufficient. I personally would skip salt.

I would also recommend light feeding on every other day until things look better. How are the fish eating right now?

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Plain and simple bio overload and poor water quality. More water changes,stop feeding until they are interested in feeding and check your water parmeters asap. Cloudy eyes is a perfect example your water is bad.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store