alligator gar with tankmates??

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
hello,
i wanted to get a opinion that can a gar be kept with tank mates. i currently have three oscars, a blueline shark, sun catfish, parrot cichlids and a green terror. so i wanted to know that can a four inch florida gar be kept with these fish.
all fish are much bigger then four inches except for the green terror which might be about 5 inches.
thanks

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
In most cases, the gar should be larger than the tank mates in order for the gar to be safe, this is one of them. A four inch gar would not be a good combo, your other fish will most likely harm it.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Do you have a Florida or an alligator? If its an alligator then if it survives the current tank mates at its small size(4") then in a couple months he's going to start thinning your stock. If it a Florida then you may want to grow him out a little before adding him. What size tank is it?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
Do you have a Florida or an alligator? If its an alligator then if it survives the current tank mates at its small size(4") then in a couple months he's going to start thinning your stock. If it a Florida then you may want to grow him out a little before adding him. What size tank is it?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Alligators and Floridas can thin your stock. Neither specie should be placed in that situation at that size, unless the tank mates are very small, which they aren't.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store