Can pothos plant survive in an airconditioned room and with just room light?

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
The temperature in my room will drop when im home but when im not it is usually warm since im in a tropical country. Can a pothos plant survive with that? and also with just room light?

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
Oh but will it survive with just room light? I have a tank in the living room so I thought that will be the one that I put pothos on

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I live in a cold region and in the winter time my house can stay consistently around 20C, and my pothos does fine. In regards to light, there's no way for us to know what your lighting is like through your posts, but it will work if the lighting is right over the plants and are on for most of the time (10-12+ hours per day)

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Yes. Pothos will thrive in almost any condition. Hot or cold, high light or low light, it grows well.

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
Yes. Pothos will thrive in almost any condition. Hot or cold, high light or low light, it grows well.
+1. My pothos gets almost zero direct sun light. Plus most of the plant sits higher than my tank light that is only on for 5 hours a day. I'm sure the plant would grow better with a bit more light, but it's still growing quite well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mr.Manaconda

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Pothos is harder to kill than most lawn weeds! Lol As long as the roots are wet, and it's not pitch black it will grow. I have some growing in an HOB filter behind a canopy that gets minimal light. It snaked its way all the way around the tank to gather the ambient light. It grows well, I have to cut it back every couple months.

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
DSC_0370.jpgDSC_0371.jpgDSC_0372.jpg

I've taken pics of plants in our yard that looks like pothos, is one of them pothos? sorry for the sideways pics

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store