Does Seachem Stability Really Work or just Temporary?

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hey Everyone,

I tried editing the post to try to add it in one thread but couldn't edit the title...Ive used sachem stability religiously last time I cycled a tank. I will be ordering dr time ammonia drops to get the ammonia readings up but should I let the cycling process naturally take its coarse or help it out with sachem stability or media from another persons tank?

Ive read where it will look like your tank has cycled but than your readings will spike after the completion of sachem stability...

Also how dog ou know for sure that taking some media or sand from another person's tank is safe? Just by having them do a test on water parameters?

Thanks I sound like a noob but really just trying to get the cycling done by the book!

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I have tried stability and didnt have success tetra safestart worked like a charm...very easy you dose once and monitor no dosing everyday.
I know stability has worked for others but I tried it twice and didnt fully cycle. With the safestart I never had any spikes and actually never registered any nitrites.

Not much bb on the sand I wouldn't take any seeded media from an lfs if its your friend and tou know the fish are healthy then do it but the safestart works pretty fast I was cycled (0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 5ish nitrate) in less than 1 week.

I used giant danios as an ammonia source so im not sure how you would dose with the ammonia product you purchased

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
No need for junk in a bottle. Best way to cycle a tank is to add some aquarium plants to it. Lots of beneficial bacteria on all parts of the plant. In addition, plants will take up ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate directly from the water.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
The safestart has worked for me though there is no "best" method everyone has an opinion.

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
Cycling is one of those topics everybody has a different way . It's not rocket science but some people like a lot of different things in life make it complicated. I'm lucky I have other tanks in the house so I can preseed a piece of driftwood or sponge filter .

Stability works however I used it with a seachem amm alert monitor and prime . Monitor start showing amm add stability and prime to tank per directions . In a week with light stocking I was gold ..

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Save your money. Throw a piece of raw market shrimp in for the first couple of days. That'll provide the initial ammonia spike and nature will take care of the rest. That cycle-in-a-bottle is all nonsense...none of it actually works.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Save your money. Throw a piece of raw market shrimp in for the first couple of days. That'll provide the initial ammonia spike and nature will take care of the rest. That cycle-in-a-bottle is all nonsense...none of it actually works.
How do you know not doesnt work...countless people have used one product or another successfully

Imo it works. I havent had luck with stability who knows maybe it was something I did wrong I did have luck with safestart but still would not discredit stability based off the amount of success other members have had

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
How do you know not doesnt work...countless people have used one product or another successfully

Imo it works. I havent had luck with stability who knows maybe it was something I did wrong I did have luck with safestart but still would not discredit stability based off the amount of success other members have had

The only bacterial products in a bottle that work are the ones that are refrigerated. Expensive to use. Short shelf life.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Then how do you explain all of the members who haf success with stability or safestart or any other product that isnt refrigerated

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
The only bacterial products in a bottle that work are the ones that are refrigerated. Expensive to use. Short shelf life.
Do you have some reference material to review besides opinions.....seems like other threads on this forum contradict your view that all bacterial products don't work or need to be refrigerated.?.. search Rid X and Pro Biotics ....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store