Coffee Table Fish Tank

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nice.I remember wanting one that I saw in a furniture store years ago.I wanted to have rays in it until I realized how big they got and how much space they needed.

alexanian

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Damascus
Wow thats awesome I wanted to make one a few years back but then realized that water movement and condensation on the glass top would make it impossible to see anything inside from the top so I gave up on the idea. Can u post some more pix of the tank from the top and maybe let us know about those issues that I pointed out?

FishOnCampus

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2011
Mars
Thank you guys for the kind comments and questions

Super sick. Maybe wrap it in plexiglass to keep feet from breaking the tank?
Nice idea, but I'm not so worried about it. The glass top overhangs a few inches.
Wow thats awesome I wanted to make one a few years back but then realized that water movement and condensation on the glass top would make it impossible to see anything inside from the top so I gave up on the idea. Can u post some more pix of the tank from the top and maybe let us know about those issues that I pointed out?
The water movement on top looks cool IMO. You can still see the fish, I am experiencing condensation which is very annoying and will eventually damage the wood. I need to raise the glass up an inch or two and direct a fan across the surface. I'll let you know how it works.
Also interested in how you did the lighting,
I used RGB LED strip and superglued it to the wood overhang. Perfectly hidden!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store