New jardini! How can I train it to eat shrimps or tilapia??

Khapham_1997

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
My house!!!!!
Hey guys. I just got a 3"-4" jar. Looks great. The lfs only feed them frozen bloodworms. How can i train it to take other food like shrimps and tilapia? Housing with 4 pbass. 3"-5". All pbass feeding on pellets and shrimps, tilapia. Will "monkeys see monkeys do" works?? Thanks guy!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Monkey say monkey do could work , if not just try him on whatever he eats for now then starve him onto pellets once he's a bit bigger prob about 6\8" , you can also crush pellet into the bloodworm and re-freeze so he gets used to the taste of pellets , if he doesn't eat for a while don't be alarmed they take time to settle in :D it won't starve to death instinct will kick in and he'll feed if it has to just keep trying foods out
Good luck with you mini beast :thumbup::)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Cichlasomniac

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 14, 2014
Woodstock, Ontario,Canada
If he is young and healthy, he should eat about anything. I chop up a fresh or thawed shrimp (de-shelled) into about 1/4 pieces and dangle with hands or feeding tweezers. Dropping it in Im thinking those Bass will beat him to it. By waving it, you entice your aro as well as 'waft' the scent so he can initiate what it is before he goes for it. Worked and is working for me as I now hand feed 1/2 inch shrimp to my Asian.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store