Tiger Knife

Hoyo12

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2009
WI
fishsanctuary.webs.com
Depends on the species name - plenty of Knife fish out there are being labeled as "Tiger Knifefish". Gymnotus Coatesi and Gymnotus Carapo are two of the more common species that are mistaken for a Tiger. Pictures at all? Gymnotus Carapo I'd say no, just based on the aggression of mine, however with Gymnotus Coatesi I'd say go for it. A true Tiger, Gymnotus Tigre, at a small size I'd see it being okay, but not sure on the attitude as they grow larger. The Cory Cats will probably be left alone after one bad run-in with their spines, Blue and Gold Gourami are usually able to hold their own pretty well, and same with the Sharks. So it could work just fine, but that without knowing the for-sure species and the personality of the Knife.

Hoyo12

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2009
WI
fishsanctuary.webs.com
Aquabid is a good source to browse through from time to time, otherwise check with a local fish store; used to manage one and they were available to us every now and again. Haven't seen many oddball Knives lately, but I don't remember the season for when they're most common on the market - thought it was spring.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store