Good ideas for storing prime

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
I hate the smell of prime.. Has anyone had any success putting it in other kinds of bottles that seals better. Even under my stand i can still smell the stuff.

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
I always make sure to tighten the cap as much as possible and rinse of the bottle under the sink to avoid that awful sulfur smell. Maybe also try a large ziplock or large airtight tupperware.

I once accidentally spilled a whole bottle on the floor, and even though it was wood, it stank for days. I used baby powder to absorb whatever I couldn't dry.

I find the smell gets worse the longer it sits in the bottle after it is opened...so a fresh bottle does not stink as much as one that is already open for a while, IME

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Smoke cigarettes for 40 years and no smell will bother you.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CanadianKeeper

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2012
Ontario
just don't be sloppy with it. I have never noticed the smell when the bottle is closed. I just don't spill it all over the sides ! lol

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
Well im sure 82% of us use the cap to measure it out.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MarineMike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Southern California
Rinse the cap in your tank after adding it helps. You could also try putting a container of baking soda under the stand with it to absorb odors just like can be done for refrigerators.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
i never smell it and the bottle just sits out next to the tank.

doubledragon

The House Of Endlie
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
ohio
Smoke cigarettes for 40 years and no smell will bother you.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Haha! :ROFL:Very very true.
Ya smoking helps I can barely smell anything. I still wouldn't recomend picking up the habit just to battle the smell of prime though, haha.
I've never smelled it through the bottle though. Maybe just put the bottle in a ziplock bag after you use it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store