7' 210 stocking options

DREWSMITH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
South Riding, VA
I have been considering a South American style community. I will be picking up the 210 in a week or so. What ray species other than hystrix could I keep in a 7' x 2' footprint? I would throw this tank on my existing 500+ gallon sumped system. Adding extra media and a fx5 for polishing. What if any tankmates would be ok with your suggested species?

Thanks!

Drew

DREWSMITH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
South Riding, VA
Ok so I was thinking...
1 motoro
2 pikes atapao I
2 true parrots
4 Uaru

Or instead of the Uaru maybe some atromaculatum? Anyone else have any luck with this type of stocking?

Drew

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
If you get a male motoro it should work for a long time...if you can push for a deeper tank would be even better.

DREWSMITH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
South Riding, VA
The 210 is free so probably not going to be upgrading from that.

That said if I go with true hystrix could I do a pair? What about the motoros? Would the additional stock need to be cut back further?

Drew

KeefO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Royersford, pa
I have kept a male Marble and a Hystrix in a 210 with two pikes and a few Cichla with no issues. The only problem you may run into is the possability of the Motoro outgrowing the tank, but that always depends on the ray. Either way, good luck!

DREWSMITH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
South Riding, VA
Sweet I am going to begin building and setting this up shortly. In the next couple of weeks. What kinds of pikes did you have in there?

Drew

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store