Is Male Too Rough?

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
My two females are getting bit up around the disc pretty good. The female Motoro in particular is getting chewed up. Is the male getting too rough? Everyone is still eating and all, but the females are getting a little raw.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1405384924.899447.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1405384948.114550.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
I would separate and let them heal. If one of the females are prego already she may get stressed into early labor

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Appears to be fairly minor. I wouldnt be too concerned at this point, just watch them.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
One of my females is more beat up than that. I too am getting a little worried but from what i have read on here you need to let things take their course, unless they stop eating. As long as water quality is good and preferably you run a U.V the female will heal up.

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
same here, my female you can see the flesh/blood with the bites and chunks of the disk are in pieces. had to separate it for now as i'm worried of the damage. i don't even know if the male have done the deed yet, but he is still hot on the trail of the female before i separated them. my other female though is just chilling - no interest from the male.

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
Yeah so far nothing has been done to me knowledge but I can see every once in a while home getting after them. Not sure he can handle her yet as he is a bit bigger.

I do run a uv and my water quality is good. Still all feeding heavily. I will keep an eye on it for now, but I may need to put in a separater at some point.

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
same here, my female you can see the flesh/blood with the bites and chunks of the disk are in pieces. had to separate it for now as i'm worried of the damage. i don't even know if the male have done the deed yet, but he is still hot on the trail of the female before i separated them. my other female though is just chilling - no interest from the male.
Cant edit it to add pic

image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store