First import to India from TUIC

vinod_uthaiah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 17, 2013
India , Bangalore
Hi Guys,

My dream to get True Red Terror (Heros Festae) and Dovii has come true 10 days back.
Trouble has landed in town and the town all the way in India.
I received 6 Festae (2 inches) , 5 Dovii's(2.5 inches) and 1 Cichla Pinima ( 6 inch) from Jeff's collection.
The fish almost had a 40 hr travel before it landed home.( Read as 30 hours in flight , 3-4 hours waiting and 6 hour road journey)
I was trembling as I opened the package and I resembled a kid in a candy store waiting for the exact flavor.
Things that i noticed after putting them to their respective tanks were, Dovii's were less shy when compared to the Festae.
The Dovii's wait for me to return once I go into my room and swim frenziedly as I approach them.
Erstwhile the Festae , I need to hunt for them with a Flashlight because of the hiding places I provided.
Is it very common for the Festae to hide so much , I rarely see them coming up to eat too.
Can you also please suggest which fish food suits them both the best.
Currently I am feeding them NLS , Hikari Bio Gold Plus , Earthworm(once in a week). Any more additions to be done?
Any other suggestions for happy fish keeping
I am waiting for them to open up a little more so that I can post some pics.

Regards,
Vinod

Reactions: anoop_rg

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I have find most festae to be very shy after travel, and when put into new and different environments, give them time, and don't try to coax them out, that just adds to the stress. I find the larger (older) a festae is, the longer it takes them to get comfortable.

1eyedbicher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2013
west
I got it,Congratulations. That sounds like an ordeal well worth it. My Festae`were quite shy the first month or so ,,,,they are very much not now.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Glad to hear that they all made the trip,congrats.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store