Going to set up a southeast asian biotope, with the current fish I am having
- Red tailed black shark
- Fighting betta
- Comet goldfish
- Ghost shrimp
- Zebra botia
- platy
- halfbeak

Any suggestions that can be added to my biotope?

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
I don't really think that's a biotope as I wouldn't even put half of those together in the same tank. They all occupy different regions in southeast asia anyways and I think you'd be hard pressed to find any of those in the same waters with each other.

As far as plants though it depends on your substrate and your lighting and from there it then depends on if you are dosing fertilizers or injecting co2 if need be.

As far as your fish and the plants, the zebra botia might punch holes into the plants as well as the red tailed shark.

As for your fish, my prediction is that the zebra botia will likely poster/eat the shrimp, the comet will be unhappy due to preferring cooler waters, the beta will be outcompeted for food amongst all the boisterous fish, the red tail shark will dominate the tank and may pick fits with the botia since they are similar body shapes and red tail sharks are notorious for being aggressive with fish that resemble them, and the halfbeak and platy idk if they are even asian (pretty sure the platy isn't) but I predict the same for them as the betta, although honestly I think the platy would be fine more so than the betta or the halfbeak.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store