The G.O.A.T. #Re2pect

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
For you young bucks out there... take a second and watch Derek Jeter before he retires... understanding this is one of the BEST baseball players ever.

#re2pect

[YT]X03_bNuihLU[/YT]

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Roflmao. He's not one of the greatest baseball players ever. Most respected sure. But tell me one thing hes better at every other great at? Whats he all time leader in? Nothing. Hes going to be the forgettable star whos greatest contribution was being a Yankee wgo made a few sweet plays in the playoffs and didnt use steroids.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Did any of the other greats manage to grand slam Mariah Carey?

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
He is #9 on the all time hit list with 3400. While he may not have the flashiest numbers, he's been a consistent 300+ hitter throughout his career. Also a great guy off the field. He's top 20 all time in my book.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Yeah, he just played a long time in loaded line ups. He wouldn't make the list of 50 greatest baseball players of all time because he wasn't above average at any one thing. he didnt even have great range in the field. He often made up for that with great placement.

I got respect for the long career but i admire none of his accomplishments. I wish he wouldve spoke up about steriords and any other team wouldve moved him to second and kept soriano instead of trading him to the cubs years ago.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Roflmao. He's not one of the greatest baseball players ever. Most respected sure. But tell me one thing hes better at every other great at? Whats he all time leader in? Nothing. Hes going to be the forgettable star whos greatest contribution was being a Yankee wgo made a few sweet plays in the playoffs and didnt use steroids.

And here is someone who has no clue... before i get to the differentiators... 3400+ hits (9th all time) 1900+runs scored (11th all time) 1300 RBI 260 HR and 354 SB with a 311 CAREER Batting avg.

NOW awards...

14 All Star Games, 5 Gold Gloves,5 silver Sluggers, 3 time top 3 in the MVP voting, Rookie of the Year, WS MVP went to 7 ws with 5 rings.... ALL during the Steroid era while everyone else was juiced out of there minds... never a hint or rumor.

And the 2 biggest things you are missing... one Consistent Excellence... 20 years of consistency in one of the most inconsistent sports and one of the games all time clutch performers...

Like I said G.O.A.T.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
What? What did i miss? I said he played long time. I'm not impressed by 2500 bloop singles. I dont care about all star appearances. Anyone who batted in front of a line up of juicers over 20 years would score a lot of runs.

Hes overrated, good over a long time, never great.

I'm still waiting for what hes all time great at? What hes excelled at better then any other short stop?

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Hell, was there even a year that he was BEST hitter or FIELDER on his own damn team? We all know the answer is no. That pretty much says it all for me. A first round hall of famer who never lead his team in anything except bloop singles.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
You are making my point for me... HE PLAYED WITH JUICE HEADS.... unless you support the steroid error comparing him to the monsters on the team is unfair.. you should be impressed by 2500 singles of any kind... because only 8 people all time have more!! and if you can not understand the level of difficulty to maintain excellence over 20 years you are blind.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Hes a glorified cal Ripken. Hell, Barry Larkin was way way better. Am I comparing him to juice heads? Nope. Noticed all ive pointed out about juicers is his inflated run scored. Not a single juicer is brought up for comparison.

I just think hes OVERRATED.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store