Why Rays?

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Hi fellas, I will be moving to a new place next summer with a lot more room then I have now so I will be building a proper fish room in the basement which will enable me to go pretty extreme.
I really would like to do a ray tank which will be able to be viewed through a dividing wall.
Tank will be 6x4 or maybe 6x6.

I would just like to hear from you Ray keepers what you love so much about these beautiful animals! What makes them so enjoyable and how they differ from regular fish??

Also how many rays would you do in a tank like the size I mentioned?

Thanks in advanced

MEDHBSI

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2011
Coquitlam BC
I got into rays from seeing a friends tank setup in his basement. I think there personality is #1 for me they seem highly intelligent. When you see a ray swimming around there is just nothing like it :) I also love how there just eating machines. a tank 6'x'6' by what height? Thats a decent sized tank for sure I would comfortably put 6 rays in a tank that size but thats just my opinion.

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
IHaving a good appetite is for sure a bonus! Height would be 2ft . I would build it just like DIY king aka uraujoey

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
You will never fully appreciate until you have your first one swimming around in front of you. All rays have slightly different characters but all are VERY inteligent. They become your pets and loved ones. They are the most graceful animals around and when on occasion they kick off the glass and swim through the water column it is THE most spetacular thing to watch. I find it hard to think of them as just fish!! Sounds a bit sad but that is how it is!

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Wow Jim, that is exactly what I thought I would here. I understand what you mean. I am counting down the days to see that first Ray swim in front of me! Thanks for that!

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
No worries! I still look at my tank every day 2 years after setting it up and i tell myself how lucky i am.
Wow Jim, that is exactly what I thought I would here. I understand what you mean. I am counting down the days to see that first Ray swim in front of me! Thanks for that!

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
You guys are killing me lol. Might have to get a pup to hold me off. What's a bare minimum tankbto grow out for a year

trillassgator

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2013
The Crib
You will never fully appreciate until you have your first one swimming around in front of you. All rays have slightly different characters but all are VERY inteligent. They become your pets and loved ones. They are the most graceful animals around and when on occasion they kick off the glass and swim through the water column it is THE most spetacular thing to watch. I find it hard to think of them as just fish!! Sounds a bit sad but that is how it is!
+1. Rays are graceful n intelligent. The most beautiful fish ive ever seen, imo all fish keepers must experience a ray atleast once in the hobby. Once u go ray, youll never go back. Its like having a dog in an aquarium :-D

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store