Do you ever play with your bichir eels??

Nivvy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2014
Louisiana
Let me elaborate. My bichirs are really small right now, but I'm getting them used to my hand. I'll pet them very gently, and now they'll actually come up and "smell" my hand. Sometimes they'll nip at my finger softly and even follow it if I move it away slowly. It's really funny to watch. One of them also "rides" in my hand when I cup it and slowly move it around the tank. It's hilarious, he'll just stay there and swim along with it. I stop, he stops. It's great.

No worries, I don't do this too often, so I won't stress them out.

I was curious if anyone else's bichirs do this? And will they be just as tame when they're bigger??

Here's a picture of one just chilling in my hand haha:
bichir riding.PNG

bichir riding.PNG

lardieleftover

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2014
san diego
My Senegal that I've had for about 2 years isnt very happy with me hand feeding her anymore, she prefers to nip me instead of any food lol. So I just use tongs now carefully, they're easily frightened

cachacase1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2014
lowell ma
I had a wolf fish 8 years ago, when it was 3 inch in length I would hand feed it. Then it grew to be to about 8" in length and about 3/4" in girth. One day, it launch at my finger as soon as I touch the water. Let me tell ya it drew blood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

D.Wolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
When my big endli begs for food, he can be touched, glides over hand..im bit afraid sometimes because it looks like hes gonna strike hand but he always just smells it :) ropefishes as they feel - sometimes swimms all over my hand, sometimes they avoid it :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store