henlei x mantilla ray info needed if anyone can help

jordancch

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2009
( uk )
hi all, I've been looking in books and on the internet about both types of stingray and from all the pics and info on the henlei they have three rows of spikes on the tail and the mantilla has one row, my hen x man? has only got one row of spikes .I'm thinking its more like a motoro x mantilla as the spots look more like motoro spots and the motoro only as one row of spikes to can anyone help????

steve_b

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2009
Staffordshire, UK
If it came from Pier then it will be a Henlei x Mantilla. I had one myself and wish I had not sold him on.

This was mine

I was lucky enough to also be shown the parents by Niel

Dad

Mum

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
hi all, I've been looking in books and on the internet about both types of stingray and from all the pics and info on the henlei they have three rows of spikes on the tail and the mantilla has one row, my hen x man? has only got one row of spikes .I'm thinking its more like a motoro x mantilla as the spots look more like motoro spots and the motoro only as one row of spikes to can anyone help????
Motoro and pearl also only have one row

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah

jordancch

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2009
( uk )
yeah came from pier got her in oct 2013 at about 5" she has not grown much, about 8" now 10 months and only 3":(..

If it came from Pier then it will be a Henlei x Mantilla. I had one myself and wish I had not sold him on.

This was mine

I was lucky enough to also be shown the parents by Niel

Dad

Mum

jordancch

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2009
( uk )
will get some new pics at the weekend ..

My question is if those are the old pics where are the new pics? Would very much like to see what it looks like now. It is a very interesting looking ray, Tail looks mantilla to me, but a lot of black in it.

steve_b

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2009
Staffordshire, UK
Mine seemed to grow quite slowly also

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

steve_b

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2009
Staffordshire, UK