HELP. XXL CLown Loach Sick! Pics included!

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
Symptoms:

-He has been doing the 'Play Dead' act more and more recently.
-Now he can't even maintain buoyancy. He is breathing heavy.
-Cant get off his side.
-He is turning Darker and his under belly is looking paler
-Back is arching

Medications on Hand:

-Salt
-Quick cure (Formalin + Malachite Green)
-Metro
-Prazi
-Bi-Furan
-Tetracycline
-Erythrmicin
-API General Cure
-Seachem Kanaplex
-Pimafix
-Melafix

Or I am willing to buy anything to save him.

Any leads would be appreciated!!!

photo 1 (3).JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
Also, slime coat is messed up. Little particles are sticking to him

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Could be ich. Raise temperature to 88 and make sure there is plenty of oxygenation. Faster approach would be methylene blue. Seems like it may have been there for a while

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
Could be ich. Raise temperature to 88 and make sure there is plenty of oxygenation. Faster approach would be methylene blue. Seems like it may have been there for a while

Ill start gradually raising the temp right now to 88. there is plenty of oxygenation. Could you list a product containing Methylene blue? LFS said Methylene blue and Malachite Green are very similar in effectiveness

ChrisM101

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
Paris, AR,United States
Definitely signs of ich showing but that may show with other stress also u may not get it back at this point already on its side. Api quick cure raise temp 86 and add aquarium salt. I had 4 that got ick via an infected fish from petsmart. Only one lived. Ad lots of oxygenation and water flow. Please check for ammonia also if gills are dark.Sorry

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
Definitely signs of ich showing but that may show with other stress also u may not get it back at this point already on its side. Api quick cure raise temp 86 and add aquarium salt. I had 4 that got ick via an infected fish from petsmart. Only one lived. Ad lots of oxygenation and water flow. Please check for ammonia also if gills are dark.Sorry

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Currently raising the temp and I started treating with Quick Cure yesterday so I will continue with 3 doses and 50% WC daily

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
Temp is 86 and rising. Treated with Quick Cure again and his back arching problem seems to be slowly getting better. Fingers crossed!

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
Good luck. Hope he pulls through.

Thanks! Somehow he is still alive. Temperature is almost 90 degrees!!! Read that Ich stops reproduction at 88* and actually dies at 89.5*... He is still laying on his side can't maintain balance so hopefully the next couple days show signs of improvement

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
He died this evening. I'm sorry he suffered as long as he did

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store