Stocking for 35 gallon pond?

CICHLID_LOVER

Feeder Fish
Jul 17, 2014
Atlanta Georgia
There is no filtration to my pond. I need fish that can eat mosquito baby.I also would like a easy breeding fish thats cheap. I want something that's not too plain in color. I would like to have at least 3 different types of fish that meet these requirements.Remember the pond is only thirty gallon. Please help.Thank You:D

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
So you have a garbage can you want to just fill with water and you think fish will breed?

Sorry friend. You need filtration. You need water changes. Or you'll have dead fish, plain and simple.

As far as fish go, there are plenty of small ones that will breed in a 30 gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Mosquito fish in every freshwater lagoon around hilton head, similar to mollies I guess but they might be a place to start

Reactions: TERTELKeng

Samaka

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2013
USA
Yes, mosquito fish and guppies, then I would imagine that you would need to bring them inside in the winter for where you live. Put a few plants inside and those fish should be fine.

Reactions: TERTELKeng

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Yes, mosquito fish and guppies, then I would imagine that you would need to bring them inside in the winter for where you live. Put a few plants inside and those fish should be fine.
Not even sure you would need to bring them in. Im in hhi sc not too far south east of atl and they are in every body of water around here

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I kept Macropodus opercularis (paradise fish) in rain barrels spring thru fall in Wisconsin. They would breed, eat mosquito larvae, and because of their ability to breath air, there was no need for filtration.
Because they come from as far north as Korea, are able to handle quite a range of temps.

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
If you add some fast growing plants, and only stock small fish you will be fine without filtration. I have a male and couple female halfmoon bettas in a "pond" about that size that I'm trying to get to breed. Of course around here they can only be outside a couple months, but they were breeding til it rained and ruin the bubblenest. (silly me for not covering the nest!) Considering where you live just about any tropical fish should be fine in the summer. Rosy red minnows, barbs, tetras, livebearers, rasboras, loaches, corys, etc. Just make sure you know the species safe temp range and bring them in before the average temps go outside it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store