Nervous I think tank is about to pop.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
This is the edge of my 75 gallon. I bought it used and it has been set up for 5 years. Not sure how old it is. I have never seen this before. What do I do about this. In all the years I have been keeping tanks I have never seen this before. It is only on 1 corner in the upper front. I put the thermometer next to it for reference.

What is causing this?
What do I do?

I don't have another tank available to transfer my fish to.

Tank.jpg

tank2.jpg

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Don't see any issue, small air bubbles in joints are common. If the silicone shown in the pics is typical throughout the tank, you may want to consider resealing. The silicone looks to be rather deteriorated and you may start to develop leaks in other areas.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Don't see any issue, small air bubbles in joints are common. If the silicone shown in the pics is typical throughout the tank, you may want to consider resealing. The silicone looks to be rather deteriorated and you may start to develop leaks in other areas.
I have never seen air bubbles before so it made me nervous. Glad it isn't something that I need to take care of immediately. The silicone is like that through out the tank. I figured it might need to be resealed, I have never done that before so sort of putting that off. I have been pricing 75 gallon tanks. I think I am going to get a new tank and bring the old one to the basement to reseal. Time to learn a new skill lol.

jeffers

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2009
southern indiana
resealing is very easy just have to pay attention to detail and make sure its clean to start with no old silicone at all. maybe its time to upgrade instead of stay the same size?

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
I would just play it safe and sell it as a reptile tank for some one else and put the money towards a brand new 75 gallon tank or bigger

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
I would just play it safe and sell it as a reptile tank for some one else and put the money towards a brand new 75 gallon tank or bigger
Good Idea!

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
resealing is very easy just have to pay attention to detail and make sure its clean to start with no old silicone at all. maybe its time to upgrade instead of stay the same size?
HAHAHA I wish. My wife HATES my hobby (she calls it an obsession). She doesn't even want me to get a new 75 to replace this one. So the plan now is to move most everything to the empty 40b I have. Sell of some fish to the LFS. Then reseal or as Pazzoman said sell as reptile tank and use money towards a new one.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Pretty sure just about all of my tanks have that in spots. Nothing to worry over, IMO.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Since the silicon is deteriorating I swapped out the tank this weekend. The old 75 I am going to put on craigslist. Which will help me recoup some of the expenses I was thinking of resealing but I dont really have the room nor the time for another tank. I bought a new 75 and went with black sand this time which is new for me and I really like it. Even my wife said it looks good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store