suggestions please!!!

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
well guys i hope all of you are fine i wanted to ask you guys something. i curently have three oscars, three flowerhons, one green terror, 4 parrot cichlids and four sun catfish along with a blueline shark, so what i wanted to ask you is this.im honestly getting bored with these fish so should i change them with an tiger shovelnose catfish,albino walking catfish,alligator gar, paroon shark and a pleco and some other fish. i mean the choice is entirely mine but i would like to know what u guys think.

Yank-Keeper-Scott

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2010
Gold Coast, Qld, Australia
keep choping and changing.... if you can afford it

it has saved me from leaving the hobby more times than i care to mention.
even if it would be going from keeping south americans then to centrals it is still good to do.

a bit of change never killed anybody (in the aquarium hoby at least....)

the second idea of stocking sounds awesome, the only fish out of that stocklist that we can get in australia would be the pleco....

however i still think american cichlids offer more than any other group of fish

let us know what you decide to do, and picsss!!!!!!!

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
keep choping and changing.... if you can afford it

it has saved me from leaving the hobby more times than i care to mention.
even if it would be going from keeping south americans then to centrals it is still good to do.

a bit of change never killed anybody (in the aquarium hoby at least....)

the second idea of stocking sounds awesome, the only fish out of that stocklist that we can get in australia would be the pleco....

however i still think american cichlids offer more than any other group of fish

let us know what you decide to do, and picsss!!!!!!!
i can give u the pictures of my current fish which i might give.here u go and thank you so much for your opinion
DSC_0153.JPGDSC_0154.JPGDSC_0157.JPGDSC_0158.JPGDSC_0175.JPGDSC_0221.JPGDSC_0169.JPGDSC_0179.JPGmashallah. ill post the pictures of the oscars later:headbang2

DSC_0153.JPG

DSC_0154.JPG

DSC_0157.JPG

DSC_0158.JPG

DSC_0175.JPG

DSC_0221.JPG

DSC_0169.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
you are too tight for the cuurent fish to grow full size in that tank, you shouldnt buy any of your new list unless you have a pond. alligator gar get 7ft+, paroon shark 5ft+, tsn get 4ft+..... if your not happy with oscars im not sure what will please you, if you want a predator maybe a hemibagrus nemurus would be a good choice of catfish, they dont seem to exceed 12inch in home aquaria but are mean like wyckii, a lima shovelnose, a spotted gar, a plec and a walking catfish would be a better choice, grow them out and upgrade to a dd 300g then you would be ok...

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
i might not buy the alligator gar because it bites my other fish. at-least thats what happened once.what i do is that i get baby fish, then when i think they are to big for my tank i give them away. so i plan to keep babies for a few years and when they get big ill give them and change to community fish tank.:headbang2

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
i might not buy the alligator gar because it bites my other fish. at-least thats what happened once.what i do is that i get baby fish, then when i think they are to big for my tank i give them away. so i plan to keep babies for a few years and when they get big ill give them and change to community fish tank.:headbang2
ill explain you the whole story.i am a 15 year old with a father who takes care of everything at first i had a 33 inch tank. which was small and i couldnt keep anything in it. so i somehow convinced him to get me a 5 foot tank and he did buy me one. but it wasnt easy. so my main problem is i dont have so much space. maybe in the near future when i get old enough ill buy one for myself but right now we dont have so much space. this is the biggest one i can get for now, and my father is super worried for our wooden floor. because it has happened before that the aquarium broke and the floor was spoiled. i can keep every fish but only for the 1st two years.so if u were me what would u go with. the walking catfish etc or the current fish?
thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store