wtt alligator gar care

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
tomorrow i will be getting a wtt (white tank treatment) alligator gar and i was wondering to start him of in my 4ft tank or my tiny 1ft tank. the gar is about 4 inches i heard they break their backs in big tanks. and what should i feed him besides live feeders. And dont worry i got a pond when he gets bigger but for now should i put him in the 4ft tank or 1ft tank

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
The bigger the better. I would pellet train and feed fillets such as tilapia or smelt. Feeder goldfish are a terrible diet not to mention all the disease they harbor. These fish grow fast and a 4' tank won't be adequate for long

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
The bigger the better. I would pellet train and feed fillets such as tilapia or smelt. Feeder goldfish are a terrible diet not to mention all the disease they harbor. These fish grow fast and a 4' tank won't be adequate for long

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
thanks i have a pond to house him

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
are you looking for a large gator gar I have one 33 inches long and trying to find him a new home some one with a pond would be great,I do not feed any live food.I live in Long Island

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
start with the 1' and move him up when he's too big. 1' is a little small though do you have something 2'? that would be a nice step before 4'

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store