1 x Red BAy Snook
1 x Rainbow Cichlid
1 x argentea cichlid

JS2120

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2014
PA
Awesome tank man! i really like how varied your stock is. You got a little bit of everything in there.

np247921

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2014
stoke on trent
Awesome tank man! i really like how varied your stock is. You got a little bit of everything in there.
Thanks, I think the mix of ca/sa works well although Im under the impression others disagree with this. I find the size differences between the fish also helps dissipate aggression as its like a classroom of kids of varying age ranges rather than a classroom of adults. IF their is a disagreement, it is over very quickly and always results in the other fish " stepping" in and breaking it up. Quite fun to watch really! Obviously I am under no illusion of what would happen if i added a Midas for example so I am still careful as to to the fish I choose.

mudslinger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Very nice aquarium. I have a banded leporinus in my 75 gallon. He's currently the only inhabitant.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
nice stock but you gone a bit crazy dude!-) guess you have a few fish you plan on keeping as they all grow up? that tank is 300 usa gallon btw, my tank is also 300g! i am even more over stocked and running an fx5 and fx6.

blah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2008
Portland, OR
Nice stock list and good looking fish!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Cichlidfever

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Bowie, MD.
Your tank looks great, although a lot of fish for a 300 gallon, just think in the future when they are all adults... I have a 360 gallon and with only five cichlids in the tank, and IMO I could be trying my luck, lol... I have all South American cichlids, male & female Atromaculatum, Ornatum (not sure of sex, although I believe it is a female), female Festae & a female Umbee. Also I have 3 catfish. As I watch the aggressiveness they display to each other, I can tell that I would be able to put another cichlid in my 360 gallon tank...

I believe you have a good mixture although it would be interesting to see what happens when they all reach adulthood... Great job :)

np247921

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2014
stoke on trent
After much deliberation I have decided to move on a few fish to free up space for a ray( true hystrix). The pike and and mamortus catfish because they occupy a large portion of the bottom of the tank and the leporinus as I want to avoid anything getting nipped.. I have now started scaping the tank, the video update below is from last week, I will be adding more wood/plants tomorrow and introducing some more fish currently in my 4ft.
2 Red Head Tapajos 4"
1 Redhump Eartheater 4"
1 Gold Severum 6"
1 Bocourti 6"
1 Gold Saum 3"
1 Firemouth 3"

All my current fish are living together in harmony still. As the fish grow I intend only to keep the best examples, and would look to trim down my group of 7 red hooks to either none or 3 thin bars although if money/missus allow a 12ft would be the next upgrade.......:WHOA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLvnndyKs9s

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store