Green Terror male loss of appetite treating with Gel Tek/ stringy white poop

ryan3645

Feeder Fish
Jul 19, 2014
Manteca California
So I went on vacation for a week and a friend of ours fed my Green Terror pair. When I got home there was an abidance of old food floating in the tank. 75 gal Long with 2 55 gallon power filters. Ive had these guys for a while and they were monster eaters. She has bred twice in the last 3 months. So I cleaned my tank thoroughly and got everything back to normal. Then I noticed that they stop eating as much so I tried treats, nothing. Then I started noticing that my male had long stringy white poo. Thats when I started to worry. So I tried red live worms just to make sure it wasn't an overfeeding issue, one a piece a day. She ate them he didn't. They both have slightly sunken stomachs and not eating. So I picked up some Gel Teck Ultra PX, Ive been administering carefully via syringe for three days. No change on the poo yet and no appetite which I figure cause the meds are strong. Plus they are being netted everyday. But the female wants to eat she's just not being aggressive towards getting food. Im still not putting much in there for them at all. Like 2 small pellets a piece just to see if they would eat them. Im worried about him a lot. I ordered tetra Anti Parisite bath for the next treatment since I feel that the tank should be treated as well. Although they are both seeming getting a little better in behavior as their anal fins are staying extended now. Im just wondering from anyone else's experience with this issue how long before they start eating again before I should seriously worry. These are my children I care for them everyday like regiment. Ive been doing a 10 percent water change every other day too jus to keep them really clean I do a 30 percent every week. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

lanceiswaiting

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Australia
There's a sticky about treating the food in Epsom salts if you can get them to eat. I used this approach and it cleared it up. I wouldn't stress about them not eating though. My female went for 3 months without food. Now she's one of the most aggressive eaters in a tank with much larger fish.

Maintain good water and low stress and they should be fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store