Advice please. Bubbly foam overflowing in FRESHWATER sump!!

SirCatfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Brooklyn
My freshwater tank recently had to be medicated about a month ago with triple sulfa and malachite green. Have done many WC and ran carbon since to remove. All parameters are
Ammonia 0.2
Nitrites 0.0
Nitrates .3
Tank is filtered by fx5 with full media trays and pads and a 30 gallon sump with mixed media, sponge, and an agitated k1 media chamber. Recently the k1 chamber, and anywhere with high agitation has been FOAMING. Like saltwater protein skimmer foam. Sometimes with some brownish scum ontop. But it is literally pouring out where agitated in one chamber and spilling out into next chamber top before settling and leaving a 2" bubble foam coating.
Please help. There have been any soaps or anything like that. Water changes don't make it any better. I have no clue. It's become a protein skimmer lol!
Also, tank has consistently been cloudy regardless of wc or anything. I
Use wc conditioner and have never had this issue before. Help
Thanks mike

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1405798174.514848.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1405798210.249479.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1405798247.102499.jpg

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Have you added pimafix or melafix?

I have seen K1 react strangely to that, popping out of the reactor....

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Weird,that's an awful lot of foam.Something must have got in the tank without you knowing about it.You might have to remove the fish and do a total tear down and rinse out.

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
I'd fill a bucket with water and a bubbler to make sure it's the tank, since you said it was still there after the water change. bubble the bucket for a bit, then add your conditioner is doing it.
no chance that anything died in there?
no kids in the house that may have added something? or their friends?
how's it smell?
still have/how old is the carbon in the filter?

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
No kids or people who want to pull a mean prank in you in the house? A couple drops of dish soap will do that that's what it looks like to me. If I were you I would clean the filter (rinse the media) / clean the sump and do a 20% water change everyday for a week it might throw you into a mini cycle or you even may have to completely drain clean and re-cycle but it might take care of the issue.. I'm dumbfounded in this situation, sorry I couldn't really help

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store