TANK STAND NOT FLUSH

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
my 135 glass tank busted and I am replacing with a 135 acrylic tank tomorrow. I noticed since I removed the old tank that the stand where the tank sits is a little warped. not completely flat. is this a problem? can I put a towel or something in between the tank and stand??id say 90% of stand top is flat and smooth just a few spots around the front bubble up slightly. advice please and thank you

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
I always watch the TV show Tanked and they say to put a styrofoam sheet about 1in. between the acrylic tank and stand. The foam will make up for any unevenness in the stand and tank, lessening the chance of bowing or a blowout.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
I always watch the TV show Tanked and they say to put a styrofoam sheet about 1in. between the acrylic tank and stand. The foam will make up for any unevenness in the stand and tank, lessening the chance of bowing or a blowout.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
thanks!

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
Well acrylic tanks are flat bottom tanks not like normal glass tanks where most of the weight sits on the perimeter. So that stand needs to be flat. No doubt about it. So if it were me I'd put down heavy plywood top and then at least 1/2" styrofoam on top of that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store