Stripped raphel catfish tank size

JackDempsey72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
Bristol/uk
Hi I'm setting my tank up in a week and I have always gone with a catfish but decided not to. But today I saw a stripped raphel catfish and fell in love with it. So what tank size do these guys need. Any info appreciated

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
They get big, but hide all the time, I had mine in a 20 gallon for years so I'd say that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
The best advice to be honest is, go as big as you can tank wise, do you have a size limit?

JackDempsey72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
Bristol/uk
The best advice to be honest is, go as big as you can tank wise, do you have a size limit?

Ive already got this tank and can't get another one instead but I could go higher and a tiny bit higher but this is my only option and I'm about to fill it up with water

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Oh sorry, I forgot to say. It's a 4ft 60 gallon
I think you should be ok.
Are you planning more than one? I have 3 in my 140g, and their active, compared to what ive heard from others, especially at feeding time.
My Raphael Catfish are still small and ive read they should become even more active when they grow larger. Someone that has had expirience with them at fullygrown sizes, can maybe give you some more information.

JackDempsey72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
Bristol/uk
I think you should be ok.
Are you planning more than one? I have 3 in my 140g, and their active, compared to what ive heard from others, especially at feeding time.
My Raphael Catfish are still small and ive read they should become even more active when they grow larger. Someone that has had expirience with them at fullygrown sizes, can maybe give you some more information.
Yeah only one. Do you think it would be best to get a smaller pleco as green phantoms get 8 inches

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store