Four year old and some sharks (Lots of pics)

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
It's not her first time being around sharks, or even touching them... But Jaden is finally old enough to understand safely being in the water with them. She wasn't 100% sure of them at first, and Mom had to sit with her awhile. Up to this point she's been above a tank looking down to feed and touch them. Sitting in the water was a whole new world for her.

She may have also hung out with an alligator, who gave her a flower.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
thats crazy imho... either could take her arm no? can you enlighten me on how/why this is ok?

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Beautyfull baby girl, Matt!

Just, if anyone knows how to approach this, is a guy like Matt.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
im not being funny about it, it just seems totally crazy to me regardless of experience... shouldnt be getting in a pool with sharks or going anywhere within reach of alligators until you are old enough to make those sorts of decisions. my son would not be in those situations thats for sure, maybe im just paranoid.

sorry matt, she is gorgeous, i have said my bit...

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Awesome pics looks like a great day. Thats a brave girl ya got there my 5 year old daughter freaks out when we catch tiny btr fishing, i know she would never get in that water.

And justarn in a controlled environment I wouldnt think thats any more dangerous than having a child around a large dog. Clearly not aggressive wild sharks and even wild sharks leave people alone 99.99999% of the time

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
thats crazy imho... either could take her arm no? can you enlighten me on how/why this is ok?
I believe those are Nurse Sharks, which if I recall do not have teeth.

A large fish can still hurt someone, but these fish seem to be around people all day/everyday plus there looks to be a trainer present

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Nurse sharks definitely have teeth but their's are flat for crushing crustaceans.

1 day when I'm in florida I would love to check this place out! Where is it and how much does it cost?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Nurse sharks have big, pointy teeth, i think....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store