Jardini Poop..

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
So i had a small leichardti arowana die on me about a month ago... and the strangest thing was it seemed to0-15 be fine the day before.. water quality is fine. but it has a piece of poop hanging out and seemed lethargic... after it unfortunately died the next morning (wouldnt eat anything, not even crickets)...

So about a month later trying to find another leichardti, i gave up and decided to bite the bullet with another jardini (i will get another leichardti again when it comes back)... but now im facing similar symptoms Minus the lethargic and not eating. Now its just swimming aimlessly up and down the glass with an seems to swim strangely... It did eat this morning and has this extremely large piece of poop about 2-3 inches. mind you this jardini is still a pup and its still 5 inches...

The poop is sorta red colored. can be compared to the arowana sticks ive been feeding. its not white and stringy... not stringy at all seems to be more bulky..

Ive kept arowanas for years, but mostly silvers. ive never seen my big jardini do this either, not have i ever witness them poop.

I dont want this jardini dying on me as well. what can be wrong?
Water parameters 0, 0, 10-15

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I would treat with PraziPro. It is my guess that is what you should have done with your Lei. It saved the life of my Lei.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store