New little guy ?

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
OK just picked up a new cat payed a little to much but he was to nice to pass up can I get a proper I'd in him and I am praying it is not what I think it is lol here are a few pics of him thanks sorry about quality had to take off my phone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1405889842340.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1405889853539.jpg

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Im guessing u dont want it to be an albino asian redtail? Thatd b my guess tho lol...nice pickup imo. There usully not as terribly mannered as people make them out to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
I was so holding it wasn't. And as long as he dose not hurt my pacus he will be OK that are extremely rare by me haven't seen them but once in years. He is fisty but do sent seam to have a harmful intent I keep trying to get a still of him but the damn thing never stops lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Agree on the ID - formerly known as Hemibagrus nemurus. Now that Dr. HH Ng added 18 more species to the genus, IDK. Mine is "mostly" peaceful: http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36790&hilit=+mystus Still have him in 1500 gal. Still ~1'.

Hurt your pacus? :) :) Few things can, mosty of the two-legged kind :) I'd not worry about your nice albino pacus.

BTW, welcome back bro! Have you fallen off the end of the earth? You need to update your threads too :)

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
Lmao no just been really busy had to put fish on back burner for a bit got to get the new truck finished and on the road I just saw this little (at under a foot he is little to me lol) and could leave him. So far so good

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
There is your updated threads man lol

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
Tiny up date lol he is eating shrimp pellits lol cheapest tank to feed I have shrimp pellits and alge waffers

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
well the little albino is doing vary well eating shrimp pellets and "algae wafers" lol but wont touch massivor lol he is not agressive but is acting more like a house cat then a cat fish lol keeps rubbing and nuging on the pacus lol

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Yeah, mine has been a sweetheart for the first 3 years too in various fish tanks. Then he became territorial, not nasty but firm, in a 1500 gal ~ natural pond. He was ~12" in ~1.5-2 years and has not grown since. Has been with me for 5 years, so must be ~6 years old now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store