can't trust anyone these days.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That is disgusting if true.I wonder which department policy guided the cops to shoot the dog after it was secured in the animal control vehicle.

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
What gets me here is how this police officer can have zero consideration of the possibility of karma considering he could respond to future calls of some gangster with a gun with as much disregard for human life as he had for that animal. While I wouldn't ever wish death on anyone I cant help but feel that maybe he should feel the pain of 8 bullets before making another stupid call like this. This is what happens when you give someone a gun that only passed high school cuz he was alright at football.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
That's one less dog barking up the city. While, I personally don't care about the dog, I will admit the police went too far.

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
A classic example of why any idiot shouldn't be allowed a gun!!

Oh and I hope the officers involved encounter a crazed gang banger that 'doesn't like cops' real soon!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; One of the reasons I moved a few years ago was that my neighbor of over 30 years decided to get four dogs and put them in a pen not far from my bedroom window. The dogs tended to bark at all hours of the day and night. It was worse in the warm weather as I like to have the windows open. I and other neighbors complained many times about the noise.

I talked the guy into allowing a tarp to be hung on the side of the pen to cut down on the visual distractions that encouraged the dogs to bark; did not help all that much. The dog owner and his family were much further from the pen and kept their windows closed year round. He would come out from time to time and yell at the dogs to hush but that did little (May have even encouraged the dogs by giving them some attention) The only relief was when they went hunting a few times a year.

I had the option and resources to move and did so. My other neighbors may still be stuck in that particular version of constant dog barking. I felt the need to leave what had been home for decades and the friends of my neighborhood. I have another house without any barking dogs near by but it is not home. Had there been a legal option available in that rural area I woul have used it.

I get that perhaps most who respond to this thread will be unhappy about the dog being shot. If you have not endured a neighbors barking dog yet, you do not fully understand how unplesant it can be. After a time it gets to the point that you want the noise to stop whatever it takes.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
^ you agree the dog should be put down humanely though? I think thats the bigger issue here. 8 shots fired at a terrified dog who simply needed better care or to be relocated.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I actually have neighbors across the yard from my house who have a beautiful pit bull.They bought it as a cute little puppy but by me being aware of their somewhat busy lifestyles I knew how things were going to turn out and once that cute pup grew big enough it was pretty much doomed to be left out in the yard for most of the day.The dog still barks,whines and scratches at their back door hoping to be let inside with its masters that it's grown up with.Most of the time no one is home there so the dog carries on all day.It's hard for me to get much sleep during the day(I work nights)unless I have the AC on but as bad as it gets I would never want the dog to be shot.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
...and what about the animal control official allowing the cop to risk damage to his vehicle by shooting the secured dog and then remaining at the scene all that time.Perhaps I missed something but what I recall reading is sickening.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store