Hey Guy, I gotta get something off my chest...

E

ElidiaRJohnson

I continue seeing posts of bettas in tiny fishbowls or goldfish in a plastic container with no filtration or any attempt at providing a decent habitat. These do not qualify as aquariums. If you're going to take on the responsibility of providing for a living organism, you should be able to splurge the $25 for a 10 gallon tank and small filter.

For the rest of you who post and upvote the remaining aquarium setups, kudos to you and keep em coming.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Welcome to a community who feels the same way. Preaching to the choir.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I'd still throw a cheap hob or an airstone in there, surface tension brings a variety of good things that are lost on stagnant water.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Sometimes I think we forget what fish go through in the wild. Your tank looks good Ehh and the water looks far from stagnant. Your plants take the place of a filter great clean way to save money.
There are probably fish in the wild who would have begged for a bowl as a predator was eating them. Then there are the fish who dry up and die when there ponds or what ever dry up. Please remember people that nature is a harsh life.
Yes there are people who should not have pets but thankfully they are not the normal. Some bad pet owners are given bad advice from the start but change when given good advice. If they don't then there is a problem.

ChicagoDvd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Chicago, Il
Are you aware of bettas, and their habitat in the wild? I don't mean to sound like a DB, read up on them a little though.
I do agree with the goldfish part.

-ChicagoDavid

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store