Jungle val With cichlids help

LilBabyEmma

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 26, 2009
Morgantown
I've tryed jungle val in my cichlid all male tank 3 times and the fish didn't bother them I just couldn't keep them alive. I'm a clean freak when it comes to my tank I cleaned it every week. Was wondering if keeping my sand to clean and water to clean could cause the val to die idk why they wouldn't live. But for the past few weeks I've been waiting a few weeks for water changes maybe I can grow some now

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
What kind of light, what size of tank, and how long are you leaving the light on for? You should be changing 50% of the water once a week. When you say you clean the tank once a week, is that what you mean?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I do 20% daily water changes every day in summer, every other day in winter, although in my Val americana tanks, I only vacuum about once every 2 weeks or so. The substrate is pool filter sand, and has fluorescent lighting.

above is a 50 gal Astatheros rostratum grow out tank, containing year old 15 juvies.
Below a lake Barumbi mbo African tank containing half dozen Sarotherodon linnelli, 2 Stomatepia pindu, and 3 Synodontus petricola.

LilBabyEmma

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 26, 2009
Morgantown
Yeah I did water changes every week maybe I was cleaning my sand to much I sucked the sand every time I use a 3 ft 4 bulb t5 with 2 6700k and a 10k for the past few weeks 12 hrs aday to grow alage but when I had val was 8 hrs

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store