not quite a monster...

GyradosOwner

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2014
Columbus, OH
okay, i apologize. i know this is MONSTER fish keepers but i need help and this is the most conistent and reliable community. as I mention in every post, I live in a tropical region near China. Recently we have suffered a typhoon and it caused a power outage. I have three glowfish tetras living in a 380x230x420mm 33L tank that had a constant temp of roughly 29 degrees C. I have one main hiding spot, three fake trees and a pretty good filtration system. Also I have one recently rooted lotus seed in the tank because I harvested a serious overflow and just threw the seed in for fun. I did have them under red light for aesthetic but switched to yellow and diet is.pellets and ghost shrimp. Usually do 1/3 to 1/2 water chsnges weekly. That said, following the typhoon, we had a serious power outage for around 48+ hrs. After that time I was checking tank health and had to fill with water. I dont have running water yet so I dumped a bottle of (cold) drinking water in so they have something. Well I left for a date today and came back to see the lotus seed has a series of bubbles on it and a white, filmy substrate. Is this eggs or is it bacteria? It looks like some one blew their nose on the lotus and bubbles attached. I know manipulating temps and light cycles causes tetra breeding. If so, what is the next step to care? Will they eat eggs? Behaviorally they are more...cornered,but otherwise tetras. Thanks in advance. also, i cannot send pictures on mobile version. if somebody can assist me i will add pictures.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store