Help with my fire eel ..!!

ahsan64

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2013
Nowshera
Hi

It's been more than a month since i bought fire eel [24 '' ] ,and till now it's not eating anything ?

But The probelm is that he scratches alot on gravel and some sort of small needle thing on his chin and back is produce .Pics are attached can anyone suggest what to do ? :(

He had been kept in a tank for a month whose temperature is almost 40 degree(centigrade) :headbang2 where he almost started to die .But now shifted to cool tank almost 28-30 degree .
Is it some kind of fungus and how to cure it ?

And sorry for my poor english .. :)

IMAG0590.jpg

IMAG0591.jpg

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
get rid of the coral, it is very sharp and is probably tearing his chin up... add 1 tsp per gallon of salt and drop the temp to 24, also feed bloodworm cubes if you arnt, was he feeding for you before the issue?

ahsan64

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2013
Nowshera
No not eating anything from the day i bought it , however i leave earthworms and floating pellets in night , so maybe he eats it but he become skinny .
Coral was added just one day ago and i will remove it .

And i always add salt every week after water change . I will try 1tbsp per gallon method and also try to drop temperature .

Thanks ..

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
feed bloodworm cubes they love em, also try chopped shrimp.

if you already have salt in the tank dont add 1 tsp per gallon unless you are aware of how much is already in the water, can do 1 tsp too the water you change out...

dropping the temp will slow any infection as 28 is the top of their temp range.

baji

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2012
Chennai, India
Looks like anchor worm, Google anchor worm and compare the pics with ur fish... thats a deadly parasite killed my 4 koi...

ahsan64

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2013
Nowshera
maybe but i am hoping it's not anchor worm. It's time to treat tank on a regular basis .. :)

Also i think it's only found in koi and goldfishes only , not for eels .?

ahsan64

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2013
Nowshera
feed bloodworm cubes they love em, also try chopped shrimp.

if you already have salt in the tank dont add 1 tsp per gallon unless you are aware of how much is already in the water, can do 1 tsp too the water you change out...

dropping the temp will slow any infection as 28 is the top of their temp range.
Hi Guys

I found that those needles are actually anchor worms :( as baji said.

I will open a new thread but if Justarn you or Baji know how to treat it . Because worms are shifted to my jardini which means whole tank is infected .. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store