Hazy acrylic tank

Masahiro

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2012
Florida 34684
Anyway to fix this, bought second hand he said he never used it, it's pretty hazy. Didn't notice it till I filled it up. Pics won't upload will try again later. Thanks for any advice.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Is the water hazy or the acrylic itsself? If you just set it up the water is probably cloudy from the sand. Did you wash the sand well? What are you running for filtration? Pond clarifier can help but beware because it makes small particles stick together so filters will clog quickly

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
A new acrylic tank wont be hazy. If it was you would have noticed it before you filled it. I think the haze is related to setting up a new tank with sand. You tried to see if you can wipe it clean from the inside?

Masahiro

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2012
Florida 34684
I did seem hazy before I filled it, but I figured it was just dirty from sitting around for a long time. It was cloudy but its been a week or so. I'm pretty sure it is the tank, just need to know what I should do to clean it. Not like water residue but maybe from laying around on the guys porch for a long time.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Acrylic doesnt really get dirty though. It scratches easily which they make compound kits for and it crazes which happens to thin acrylic over time as it bows but neither are consistent with a new tank or those pics. Sorry I cant help more but thats weird because one of acrylics biggest advantages is the clarity. Its amazing next to glass how clear acrylic is usually

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store