Hmmm, Down grade the 300?

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
I've been into Monsterfish for quite some time but nothing really interest me anymore. I'm thinking of either downgrading to a 180 Low Tech planted or even smaller. Maybe sell the 300 or put in in my garage, not sure what to do. Kind of a rant post here I guess Lol. I do have an order due in today for my 50gl planted tank, box full of Anubias hehe.

I've also had thoughts of some type of Vivarium or something 50/50 but that would put an end to the hole-free back of the tank. Hmmmm.... what to do, what to do.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Archer fish tank with green tree snakes and crested geckos!-)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
Downgrade? I don't understand that word. :)

Why not create a planted 300? With shimmering schools of tetras, small catfish, angelfish, discus, severums, hatchetfish etc... I see a large tree stump, and sand and giant balls of java fern, and lily pads, and over hanging lights.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I've been into Monsterfish for quite some time but nothing really interest me anymore. I'm thinking of either downgrading to a 180 Low Tech planted or even smaller. Maybe sell the 300 or put in in my garage, not sure what to do. Kind of a rant post here I guess Lol. I do have an order due in today for my 50gl planted tank, box full of Anubias hehe.

I've also had thoughts of some type of Vivarium or something 50/50 but that would put an end to the hole-free back of the tank. Hmmmm.... what to do, what to do.
I'm in the same boat. Thinking about an angel tank. Fugupuff just got some in.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
I can say I went from a 500g to a 57g low tech planted tank and am happy with a smaller tank. I wish I could go a bit bigger but working with a smaller tank is sooooooooo much easier and less stressful. Kinda nice when you dont need to stress about what fish is eating other fish and such. Plus I found on my old big tank I couldnt afford to get it just how I wanted but a smaller one I could.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
one of my plans one day!-) i like the palladium idea in concept but ive questioned the glass staying mist free??
I've allways wondered how to get around that...

I saw a episode of tanked, where they did this type of setup, but they just used water to spray on the glass.., not exactly better imo.

Maybe a fog machine to create a thin layer of fog above the water, to hold in the condensation of the water??

I really don't know, but I would like to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store