Back into it

steviev123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2012
Boston, MA
After 4 or 5 months of staring into my empty tanks I've decided to get back into the hobby. Now I just need ideas on how to stock a 125g, 46g and a 36g with interesting fish. Looking into cichlids and a cat for the 125 just don't know what types and I'm looking for a small predator to try to keep I the 46. And for the 36 maybe some lobsters or crayfish or something along those lines. Open to ideas on all tanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
I like the natural look. Sand, driftwood and rocks. That's what I have in my 125.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
If I had three tanks, I'd use the small one to try an grow a carpet plant with shrimps.

Medium sized tank a dwarf puffer, and the larger one a community tank with angels and small group of tetras.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
For a smaller predator look into Redfin pickerel. They are a sweet US native fish, this I think one would probably be ok in the 46g. Plus then you save money on heating the tank! As far as cichlids there are too many cool ones to list. Go to cichlid-forum.com and you can search tons of profiles by region, temperament, size, etc. Also look into sunfish for the 125g. There are some really beautiful species, like Longear sunfish, and they are very similar to cichlids in behavior.

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
African fan shrimp would be cool in the 36g, maybe with some African Dwarf frogs? Then it is a mini African biotope.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
A Green Sunfish would go well in a 46. They're native predators that have tons of personality but don't normally get bigger than 8", males have amazing color but either sex looks good. I have a female in a 30 long and love her!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store