Barbs for 37 gallon planted tank

davion2183

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2012
Indonesia
As the title states...I am looking for barbs suitable for a 37 gallon planted tank. Please give me some suggestions.... and please exclude those barbs who eat plants. Thanks.

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Some male-only cherry barbs in a large group would look pretty sick (I mean cool btw). Or tiger barbs, make you get a large group or they'll nip other fish.

KarthikC

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
India
Hi,

Since you're from Indonesia, you might have the access to the dwarf barbs found around your place. In addition to being planted tank safe, wild caught dwarf barbs are great algae eaters, not the BBA and the ones growing on the glass. They sometimes feast on the fuzz and hair algae. I've had experience with Tiger Barbs, ROsy Barbs, Ticto Barbs, Puntius Vitatus and pethia gelius (with friend) in a densely planted tank. However, if the barbs are bought when they're closer to their full size, they are a threat to your plants. Also, be aware that most barbs have the habit of "searching" for food from the bottom.

My bet would be, the barbs found around your area which are found in pools with plants growing in them. Have a look in seriously fish as well.

Maybe this would help:

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/search/puntius

Cheers and good luck!

Karthik

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store