Need help identifying species

SeymourAndHisCat

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2014
Canada, BC
Hello all,
Recently I got 3 Anglecious (or however its spelt) Botia, and a "Green terror" that I got at petsmart. The only reason I got it is because its only 2 inches, maybe 2.5 now, but he looks totally different from the green terrors at petland (Canadian pet shops are running out of names, apparently..) and I've been on the hunt for any type of acara (Particularily the Blue Acara) and im wondering if I have found a type of Acara thats not a Green terror, or if i have a unique one that unfortunatly ill have to return. I have little experiance with GTs but I doubt my 7-8" Golden sevrum would enjoy another larger fishes company, which draws me towards the smaller "friendlier" versions of them. Any idea what kind of fish he is? The pictures are alittle iffy, as he would never sit still. (he/she has a pronounced eye line, as did his 10-15 siblings which leads me to think he may not be a true or false GT)

50 Gallon (US)
1x Golden Sevrum
2x Chinese Algae eater
3x Anglecious Botia
1xMystery fish?? (gt/acara??)
(I am planning on rehoming the algae eaters as they always eat the food the botias are trying to get!)
And help identifying this fish would be a great help, thanks. - Stevenfish friend 1.jpgfish friend 2.jpgfish friends home.jpg

fish friend 1.jpg

fish friend 2.jpg

fish friends home.jpg

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Just looks like a small stressed green terror to me. Not showing much color yet but definitely a green terror(gold saum). Not true green terror

SeymourAndHisCat

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2014
Canada, BC
Thanks for your imput! I have my doubts about him being an acara but hes genuinly not stressed at all as the sevrum doesnt care about anything as long as its not in his spot under the driftwood, and he has nothing attacking him and he just does his thing. If that is his colors (he did fade abit when i brought the camera in his face) would he still be a green terror? I really dont want to have to give him up :( I can't find acaras anywhere! I thought maybe it was my lucky day. I heard they dont generally have the eye stripe (his/hers fades then its there, then it fades, and sometimes it stays completely black)

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
Whether or not his color stays this way or changes has nothing to do with the type of fish he is. The fish is a green terror, most likely Andinoacara rivulatus. And technically, green terrors are acaras, just not the type you are apparently looking for.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store