2Inch IT

stinson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2014
Singapore
Harvest some mosquitoes larva in wiggly state for it.

Didn't want to eat any pellet nor bloodworm.

It is day 2 now.Any advice?Dont want it to starve since it is in it growing stage now.
Dont want to consider feeder too since it might cause infection.

This is my first time having mini monster.Anything helps.

Anyway,his alone in a 2ft tank with daily 10% water change.Filteration is a 650Liter/Hour HOB filter,gonna change it to bigger capacity in 2 days time.

What sort of tank mate is good for him to encourage him to eat pellet?

20140722_212751.jpg

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
Is that the tank it's in. It looks stressed. You should add some sort of substrate, drift wood, rocks or plants. Give it some security and a place to hide for starters.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Malte81

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2014
Germany
My little dats are always eating white mosquito larva .(White ones because they are floating and moving)
When they get bigger they will eat frozen fish and maybe pellets.
I would dimm the light a little bit and give him a hiding place like a piece of wood.
What is the water temperature of your setup ?

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
Provide more hiding place and cover is a good start. Most juvie datnoids are fed live food only. Once it feels more comfortable, it will take bloodworms or ghost shrimps. Datnoids are infamous at accepting pellets and some never take pellets. You don't have to worry about starving them, these guys can last without food.
Looks like you have a small tank, any non aggressive fish that doesn't fit the datnoid's mouth should work.

By the way, nice 3 bar Indo if its other side is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

stinson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2014
Singapore
Thanks for all your help.Already add a huge stone and a fake plant and its hiding now.
Yes,both side are the same.

Never really measure temp and water condition but using age water/declorine/a bit of salt/blue meth for anti parasite

I live in singapore or it really hot and humid here.Should not be a problem since they are tropical fish.

fury78

Feeder Fish
Feb 23, 2011
singapore
Probably let the IT settle down in the new environment first before training it on pellets. It has to be a gradual process though, and adding pellet eating tank mates might help as well.

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Adding decor will only encourage him to hide. You want him to get used to you and it will take much longer if he has hiding places. Keep the light low most of the time, esp feeding times. You want to get him to the point where he rises when you approach the tank. Decor and lights esp may prevent that. When he rises, the feeding battle will just about be over imo. Don't sweat him not eating right now, but a tiny dat like that cannot withstand gd stretches of time without eating. Especially when it looks like you got him on an empty stomach. Don't worry about 10% water changes everyday when a fish isn't eating. He's not producing hardly any bioload. Constantly going in the tank to replace water could freek him out aswell. A 50% once a week should do him fine. No need to upgrade filtration if he's the only fish in there. Again lower the lights significantly when feeding and only use them sparingly right now. If he doesn't rise up to you and eat in 4 or 5 more days, live worms or gutloaded feeders should be offered consistantly for some time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store